Drawing of a red bricked building with half timbered gabled roof.

This drawing of the Montefiore Institute was sent to us by Stella, as it represents belonging in Crawley to her. She explains: “The Monte was built in Three Bridges in 1897 for the use of the people who lived in the area.
It was built originally as a Reading Room but in the 1930s it was made a charity for all the community and is still used today for family parties and events, sports clubs, children’s groups, Religious Services and the local Polling Station.
The Monte has been and still is the centre of the community for the people of Crawley.”