By Catherine Reed and Nick and Angela Sexton
The present mill was built about 1817, almost 200 years ago. Shortly afterwards began the reign of King William IV in 1830 followed by Queen Victoria in 1837.
The Mill had three different millers during this time until 1875 when Richard Harding became the miller. The Harding family were the last family of millers to run the mill, which ceased working in 1927.
Most of the working life of the Harding family was in the Victorian era and this booklet gives some background information about the life in Victorian times as well as an imaginary day in the life of Richard Harding to illustrate how a water mill operated.
8 pages. 4 illustrations